Hi friends,
Many of you watching the Superbowl last night may have seen one or both of these ads. I just wanted to draw everyone's attention to them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsk3fZc2J_I - Panda Ad
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJyQcDUIDYo - Ramesh Ad
In case anyone is interested in expressing their opinion to the source, here is the contact info:
Vinod Gupta, Chairman and CEO Info USA (parent company of salesgenie.com)
402-593-4575 vin@infousa.com
Perhaps the most disturbing point for me on all of this is that the president, Vin Gupta, thinks having terrible ads is good for business, regardless of the impact. http://www.brandweek.com/bw/news/sportsent/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003689832
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
i like unicorns. but like social justice... they only appear in my dreams.
2 comments:
I didn’t notice these when they were aired... just watched them on youtube. What awful commercials!
I was happy to have a conversation about these commercials with two students who were in my office. Both had a harder time seeing how the "Ramesh" commercial could be offensive but they seemed to get it after some brief deconstructing talk...
thanks for posting this kristi!
I definitely found these to be disturbing. Reminded me of the racist cartoony type ads of the 50's and 60's. The ads also didn't really make senes with what they were trying to sell.
Post a Comment